STRAWBERRY KISSES by CHARLIE NOVAK
Patrick’s To Do List:
1. Tell family I’m gay
2. Make giant cake for anniversary party
3. Convince Connor to be my fake boyfriend for the weekend
4. Try to keep my hands off Connor
5. Make sure Connor doesn’t find out I’ve been in love with him for the last three years
Connor’s Steps for Success:
1. Perfect pole routine for Chrome Stars
2. Continue search for perfect music
3. Survive weekend with Patrick’s family without mauling him while sharing a bed
4. Prevent feelings from exploding like a glitter bomb
5. Make sure Patrick doesn’t find out I’ve been in love with him forever
Strawberry Kisses is a 78,000 word standalone, contemporary MM romance featuring a sweet pastry chef, sassy pole dancer, a nosy but loving family, fabulous make-up, fluffy feels, and copious amounts of cake.'
The whole time I read Strawberry Kisses I wore a huge smile. It was fluffy and sweet with all kinds of pining and sexual tension.
Patrick and Conner were adorable from start to finish. I really enjoyed watching them go from clueless best friends, pretending to date for the sake of Patrick's family—who were all wonderful in the end—to so much more in the span of four days. They had a great relationship as friends with all the love and comfort any good friendship requires but the fact they had potential for so much more was obvious from page one. They both had their own fears and reservations but those didn't last long.
It doesn't sound like it fits, a pole dancer and pastry chef, one a little more reserved—okay, a lot more—and the other anything but. They did fit together though, like two matching pieces of the same wonderful puzzle.
Seeing them get their happy ever after made my heart all warm and fuzzy.
Charlie lives in England with her husband and a dachshund named Biscuit. She spends most of her days wrangling other people’s words in her day job and then trying to force her own onto the page in the evening.
She loves cute stories with a healthy dollop of fluff, plenty of delicious sex, and happily ever afters – because the world needs more of them. Charlie also believes that love comes in all shapes and sizes.
Charlie has very little spare time, but what she does have she fills with cooking, pole-dancing, reading and ice-hockey. She also thinks that everyone should have at least one favourite dinosaur…